ENGL 101 Section 6

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ENGL 101 Section 6

Forum for students in ENGL 101 Section 6, Spring 2012, Washington State University

2 posters

Edward Traverso's Topic

edward.traverso

Edward Traverso's Topic Empty Edward Traverso's Topic

Post  edward.traverso Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:59 am

For my extended research paper (Assignment 5) I plan on focusing on the current Iranian conflict, more specifically, whether or not the occurring events are a Cold War or not.

In order to narrow this down I would arrange the essay in this order: Intro with a thesis arguing that the current situation is a Cold War waged by Iran, one specific definition of a Cold War and the requirements for one to be considered a Cold War (to base my argument off of), an explanatory passage of how the Russian-US relations was a Cold War by aforementioned definition, and then I would use specific modern examples to prove that Iran is fighting a Cold War in the Middle East and why.
    AreeMetz
    AreeMetz
    Admin

Edward Traverso's Topic Empty Re: Edward Traverso's Topic

Post  AreeMetz Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:36 pm

Hi Edward! Remember that the argumentative edge of your paper will be proving that by your working definition of a cold war one is occurring in Iran. I would spend tomorrow in class looking for a definition you want to use--make sure it comes from a scholarly source.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:46 am