ENGL 101 Section 6

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ENGL 101 Section 6

Forum for students in ENGL 101 Section 6, Spring 2012, Washington State University

2 posters

Marlayna Lockwood's Research Topics

MLockwood

Marlayna Lockwood's Research Topics Empty Marlayna Lockwood's Research Topics

Post  MLockwood Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:38 pm

Some topics that I am interested in researching is nursing home abuse. This issue has become a major problem in many parts of the nation. Elderly people are being abused everyday and their loved ones have no ideas. I think this would be an interesting topic to study and it would also help inform many others. Another topic that relates more to my major is childhood development and how outside factors can affect how a young child learns. I have done work with children who go to a public and private schools and they learn very differently due to their home lives. I want to learn more about how to help and improve learning for those children that don’t come from wealthy or stable families.
    AreeMetz
    AreeMetz
    Admin

Marlayna Lockwood's Research Topics Empty Re: Marlayna Lockwood's Research Topics

Post  AreeMetz Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:07 pm

Dear Marlayna,

Both topics sound good. Elder abuse is one of those hot-button topics that will have a lot of ideologically-charged sources--be careful! You also need to think of an argumentative edge to use with this topic; maybe start by asking what we (the government, citizens, etc.) can do to prevent elder abuse.

Your second topic sounds like it would be easier to argue--how to make the divide between private and public schools less wide in order to support students from low-income families?

Spend your time in the AML researching both topics. See what kinds of scholarly evidence you can find for the topics--the topic with more support will be easier to write.

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:37 pm